Boba on Third Base Part 2

We made it to part 2 of Boba on Third Base! So, which should I talk about first? Boba or Born on Third Base? I think you know the answer to that. So, over the weekend I went to Ten Ren Tea, and had some quality boba. I ordered the black milk tea and thought it had the perfect balance. It wasn't too sweet. You could taste the tea, but it didn't overpower the drink. It was the perfect symphony of flavors. I recommend trying it sometime. 

Anyways, back to the book. As I was reading Born on Third Base, there would be one aspect that consistently stood out to me. The quote at the start of every chapter. Each one was aptly chosen and carefully placed. It set the tone and gave somewhat of an idea on what the chapter would be about. The quotes intrigued me and hooked me into the chapter. My favorite instance of this was in the Proceed with Empathy chapter. I thought this quote in particular was an elegant, but accurate description of empathy. 

From there, I was impressed by the structure within each chapter. Especially the use of headings. I thought it did a great job in keeping me in engaged. Instead of having to tackle a wall of text, the headings served as checkpoints along the way, fueling my journey across the pages. Overall, I would say I enjoyed Born on Third Base. I thought it was good in putting together different perspectives. I felt like I learned a lot about different problems in our country, from both sides. Rich and poor. The 1% and the 99%. Those who were and weren't born on third base. Also, it wasn't about farming. 

Ten Ren's Tea Time
Monterey Park, CA



Comments

Popular Posts