Boba on Third Base

Wow. I can't believe we've made it this far. We're finally on our second book! (I don't count books about farming by the way) Although I'm feeling a little conflicted since we're not reading a book about boba. Nothing could be more interesting than that. But, this book will suffice. I'll read anything as long as it's not about farming.

Before I started reading Born on Third Base, I was a little skeptical and wondered what it was about. But, I knew one thing was for sure. It was gonna be good. Because it wasn't titled Born on Third Farm. My high hopes were rewarded on the first page. Chuck Collins hooked me right in. Mobile homes? A word I didn't think I'd see appeared before I finished the first page, let alone paragraph. I wanted to know more.

And that's exactly what happened. Not only did Collins provide an interesting background, he also set the scene for the rest of the book. I also liked that he clearly stated his definition of "born on third base" since he uses it many times in the book. However, it didn't stop there. It wasn't one of those situations where you're hooked in, but gradually lose interest. Each decision led to something else I wanted to know more about. I particularly enjoyed hearing about his background about being an "undercover trust fund kid" and how the transition into making his first real adult decision of giving it all away. So far, I'm impressed with this book and look forward to continue reading.

Another thing I look forward to is boba. So here's another picture that'll make you want to get some too.


Comments

Popular Posts