A Random Guide on Making Boba

Well I'm sure sure all of you know that it's never random with me. It's more so what am I going to do next with boba. So, as you can guess by the title, I'm going to be teaching you how to make boba—more specifically, the boba itself (if you have no idea what that means, you can refer to my expert article). Let's get right into it.


How to Cook Boba

Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes

Ingredients
Directions

  1. Start by boiling a large pot of water. 
  2. Once the water comes to a boil, add a handful of dry boba. 
  3. Stir gently until they begin to float. 
  4. Once floating, turn the heat to medium and cover the pot with a lid. Cook for an additional 5 minutes. 
  5. While the boba is cooking, let's make a sweetener. Add 1 Tbsp. of cane sugar to a bowl. Then, add 3 Tbsp. of hot water (1 to 3 ratio). Stir until the sugar is fully dissolved. 
  6. Let's get back to the boba. After 5 minutes, remove the boba using a strainer. Rinse the boba under cold water for 1-2 minutes. (This stops the cooking process and makes the boba very chewy) 
  7. Transfer the boba to a small bowl. Add a couple spoonfuls of the sweetener to the bowl and mix. 
  8. Congratulations. You just made boba. All that's left is to add it to your favorite tea (or any other drink of choice). 

Well, have fun making boba. Maybe next time I'll make some and document it on the blog. 




Comments

  1. This is the next step! For our last day, we need to make boba in class! I like how you don't waste any time and jump straight into the directions, which are easy to understand and follow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually have some dried boba from a friend, but I've never tried to make it because I heard that it's super hard to get it to taste good. Hopefully your technique works! Where did you learn to make boba?

    ReplyDelete
  3. As usual, I'm here to learn something new about boba. After read this post, I feel that to DIY a cup of boba is not as hard as I imagined before. Btw, a quick(but also a little bit weird) question: Do you view your boba more like milk or tea? I personally think that's more like a sort of tea.
    - Xiaoxin

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was an interesting read because I love boba and always wanted to make some at home. I am going to try to make my favorite kind of boba, honeydew milk tea boba. I'll have to go on a search to find quick cooking boba because I've never purchased it before.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I actually use the exactly same boba on amazon and it was really tasty. It is easy to make and it is nice that you can enjoy boba with your favorite drink:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm slightly surprised that boba is so quick and easy to make. It makes sense but I was still under the impression that it would be a longer, more tedious process. Thanks for the information and I look forward to your next boba themed post!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It was good to see the pictures on making boba. But Raza, seriously, it's time to bring some home made boba to the class to present your expert level skill.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Always here to save the day with boba! Please make some for the last day of class. Great read and I actually saved the recipe.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts