WHO I AM MATTERS

Where do I come from?
I come from a small, unknown city in the bay area called Cupertino. Well, at least it WAS unknown until a certain company put it on the map. I'm just kidding. It's still unknown. I usually just introduce myself as someone from the bay area.

(I use an android by the way)

Where am I going?
To buy some pearl milk tea! (Not really, but have to stay true to my blog name)


How do I plan to get there?
Two words. Free. Lyft. (At least until I switch Lyft drivers at the free border)


How am I like my parents?
I love to travel! Really glad to have had the opportunity to live in other countries by myself. (Shoutout to 日本 and 中国)

How am I UNLIKE my parents?
I don't think they know what pearl milk tea is.

Have you developed expectations for yourself?
I would say I developed expectations for myself once I got into college. At first, it stemmed from the added responsibility of living/traveling alone, but eventually morphed into a set of expectations or standards I set for myself in terms of academics, exercise, and life. 

Stephen Curry serves as a model of someone who lives life with great passion and responsibility. As an avid basketball player and fan (Golden State, of course), Curry influenced me to become a hard worker, which has become a vital part of who I am.  He also influenced me to become REALLY good at shooting 3 pointers. 


I feel a special connection with the sloth. Thanks Zootopia.


Describe a significant childhood encounter with a tree or a plant.
Well, technically tapioca pearls comes from a plant. All joking aside when I was young, my neighbors had these massive palm trees in their front yard. Every time I would be on my way back from school, the palm trees would act somewhat like a landmark signaling that I'm about to reach home. Although looking back, those palm trees were pretty random and out of place. Not quite sure what type of aesthetic they were going for.

(That's not the house, but it reminded me of how ridiculous it looked)


Comments

  1. Boba,
    It was really cool to hear from someone who grew up in my area (I'm like 10 minutes from cupertino). Funny enough my house also had a massive palm tree in the backyard.
    -Daniel

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm from the Bay Area too, and can attest to everything boba related that you have said in this post

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dude, Cupertino is not unknown if u mention it in a way like "where apple located". I also love Boba since there are so many awesome milk tea shop in south bay! I will keep looking for some nice milk tea in LA, and pls let me know if u find any(and I will let u know if I got some great pick too)!
    - Xiaoxin

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not from California, but I really don't get the fascination and love for boba out here. But to each their own!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that you wrote your blog from the perspective of a boba lover. Your choice to write your blog from this perspective makes it very unique to read!

    - Ryan Song

    ReplyDelete
  7. This post is so creative! I also love Boba, but since I am new to LA, I do know any good Boba shop around here. Please give me some recommendations if you know any. Also, which part of Japan did you live in ?

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a funny post! I also love boba so I can totally relate. I personally use Uber more than Lyft, but whatever gets you places!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I also love to travel! I agree with you about Stephen Curry being a role model. He is also the best player in the NBA!

    -Steven Ashoori

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts